On Exhaustion, Desperation and Finding God

I’m functioning on less sleep in Kenya than I thought humanly possible. I’m emotional and weary and still scared.

SBP_2603

But I feel God’s presence so strongly with me. Maybe because I feel so inadequate and desperate for Him at the same time? Funny how that works.

SBP_2778

I spent the day trying to stay awake during the 2.5 hour church service, getting reacquainted with the girls, warming up to our three new ones and trying to convince the babies I wasn’t a scary white woman.

SBP_2772

The girls told me I’d really gotten fat since last seeing them (8 months ago). That’s a big compliment here (it means you’re healthy and have enough to eat), but never something a 40 year old woman longs to hear. So, I ate two plates of Kenyan food. Ha!

SBP_2581

Every time I cross the ocean, it’s a different experience. But every time, I end up needing more of God. And finding Him. I’m pretty sure He’s never moved…

It was a good first day/night/whatever-time-it-is start this week. I’m cramming about two weeks work into the next five days, keeping praying, okay?

Comments

Praying for you! Pray for us? We are making a huge move from Texas to Indiana on Tuesday. God keeps doing these insanely miraculous things and I keep getting more and more concerned that He won’t call me back to the states once we leave. I had all these plans mapped out and being this emotionally overdrawn wasn’t one of them. You get that right now chica. Praying for you!!!!!!

• 4.1

Hi Andi. In 1989 I moved from Indiana to Texas, so I’ve done the opposite of your journey. You will have a much cooler summer and I’m sure you will be blessed in your new midwestern home. I hail from Northern Indiana and went to University in Evansville. Northern folks can see a bit prickly after being a Texan. Be patient.

• 4.2

Dacă ați dorinta pentru la crește dumneavoastră know-how doar păstra pe acest website site-ul web și să
      fie la curent cu cele mai recente cele mai recente știri postate aici .

Wow…this sounds and looks amazing/unreal/crazy-good :) Praying BIG for you on the other side of the world. May God grant all you need moment by moment, task by task, and soul by soul. Praying His protection over you, too!

• 11.2

hello there and thank you for your information – I have definitely picked up anything new from right here.
      I did however expertise several technical points using this web site, as I experienced to reload the
      site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load correctly.
      I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times
      will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage
      your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords.
      Well I’m adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for much more of your
      respective fascinating content. Ensure that
      you update this again very soon.

Feel free to surf to my web-site – knights of puzzelot hack; Shela,

Erika says

What a time of growth! I love the baby wearing picture—WE have so much to learn from them! Thank you for being a vessel!

• 14.1

Miami is the 42nd most populous state in the United States and includes the counties of Miami-Dade, Broward and the infamous Palm Beach
      counties. When they drop off from the body, however, what is more disgusting than a nail clipping in our bowl of
      rice, or a hair in our soup, or for that matter a dead, week-old body decaying in the jungle heat with animals
      and insects feasting on it. Visit the Ben 10 Toy Store today and buy all the new ben 10 alien force figures like Goop, Alien X, Levin, Swampfire, Heat Blast, Chroma stone all for
      Rs.

I am really enjoying the theme/design of
    your web site. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues?
    A number of my blog audience have complained about my blog not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera.
    Do you have any advice to help fix this problem?

Thank you, I have just been searching for info approximately this topic for a long time and yours is
    the best I have found out till now. However, what
    about the conclusion? Are you certain concerning the supply?

Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo
    News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
    Appreciate it

Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I’d figured I’d ask.
    Wuld you be interested in echanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog post
    or vice-versa? My blog addresdes a lot of the same topics as yours
    and I think we could grealy benefit from each other.

If yoou might be interested feel free to send me an email.
    I look forward to hearing from you! Grat blog byy the way!

Wοnderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoko News.
    Dο you have any suggestions on hoω to get listed іn Yahoo News?
    ӏ’ve been trying for a while but I nevег seem to get
    there! Cheers

Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this blog.
    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s tough to get that “perfect balance” between
    user friendliness and visual appeal. I must say you’ve done
    a amazing job with this. Also, the blog loads extremely quick for me
    on Internet explorer. Outstanding Blog!

It is the best time to make a few plans for the longer
    term and it’s time to be happy. I’ve learn this put up
    and if I could I want to counsel you some interesting things or tips.
    Maybe you can write subsequent articles referring to this article.
    I want to read more things about it!

Hello! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came
    to check it out. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m book-marking
    and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Terrific blog and brilliant design.

PSN that stands for Play – Station Network and
    has been one of the widely used online gaming since it has
    been introduced. At that spot, you possibly can choose any merchandise you need, click
    the specific item and purchase the place for delivery. Some of us include questioned the particular reason why currently the codes have already been secondhand once you give them a go.

Not only that, but the punishment will depend on if the internet was used, or if the postal service was used.
    Or better yet, only accept international money orders or wire transfers.

Lacking proof or support, many of the best employees seek transfers or simply resign.

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you need to publish more about this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people don’t speak about these issues.
    To the next! Kind regards!!

This design is wicked! You definitely know how to keep a reader entertained.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well,
    almost…HaHa!) Excellent job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
    Too cool!

I absolutely love your website.. Excdellent colors &
    theme. Did you build this website yourself? Please reply back as I’m atttempting tto create my very own
    site and would love to know where yoou got this from or what the theme
    is named. Appreciate it!

Choose whether any of your constraints are holding you back or
    whether you could employ the aid of others to
    pack in the spaces. An online marketing system is the perfect way to get started online, because you
    get to build your list and get educated at the same time.
    Regularly improve and update your products to enable
    you build a solid connection with your customers.

my web blog :: Hernan Vazquez SEO

Additionally, the need logbook loans scam for a guarantor, and best of all, the application will be rejected.
    For this reason, it is a hybrid legal document that is issued to car owners by a vehicle licensing body.

The only negative is that there are no credit checks, it is time to
    do the transaction through the internet. The best way to
    track a lender who would offer logbook loans.