Last Minute

Our bags are packed, weighed, rearranged, unpacked, repacked ready for Africa. (And I have a large supply of chocolate and Xanax for my travel anxiety. And all the other passengers said AMEN).

photo

We leave on a big plane tomorrow and layover in Amsterdam. Since our kids are traveling with us this trip, I was on the hunt for cheap plane tickets a few months ago, which should explain the 12 hour layover in Holland and the 9 hour red eye to Kenya. And also the cranky exhausted kids I’m expecting.

Remind me of that okay?

I’m always excited SLASH nervous when I travel to Kenya. It’s like stepping into a completely different world where you lose control and expectations. I’ve gone half a dozen times now, but this trip, this trip will be like no other.

12 babies, y’all.

I want you to come with me. I want you to taste, smell , hear and see. I can’t wait to show you what you’ve helped create. I can’t wait to show you joy only God can bring.

I can’t wait to show you miracles.

Would you pray for us? (Specifically for peace and wisdom, endurance and grace over the next 12 days)

I’m praying for you, too.

Comments

1. glenda says

So thankful for your trip! Can’t wait to hear all about it!!! And see it too! Sweet blessings on your travel! Joy in the journey!

2. Michelle S. says

I love reading your posts on Mercy House. Thank you for bringing us along. Of course we will be praying for you all.

3. Jill Norrix says

Dear Kristen and family, just wanted you to know that I will be praying for you for your trip and hope that all is well and praying for you for exactly what you ask for; PEACE, WISDOM, ENDURANCE & GRACE!
    Can’t wait to read all about it! Next year sometime, in Stars (Missionettes) we have a badge on Africa. Maybe I can facetime you on a Wednesday night & you can share some highlights of your trip with us! Have a AWESOME time!

4. Nancy says

Absolutely!! Looking forward to going on this journey with you….with the chocolate, but without the crazy layovers & cranky kids ;-) Thanks for all you do!! Blessed to be a tiny part of this.

5. Brian Allen says

Praying for you and your trip. I miss Africa so much when I am home, I know you will have an amazing time again and I cant wait to hear all about it.

So excited!!! Wish I was going with you! Wish I could be there to see those babies & Maureen’s wedding…. oh just so excited. Praying you through. God’s got this ….. but you know He’s had this forever. So thrilled at all of this. Amazing… so thankful to peek in. Looking forward to all the pics. PLEASE PLEASE give Maureen hugs from us and give lots of kisses to those babies from us!

love you bunches….

7. Karyl says

Have a wonderful trip! I’m praying you’ll all have a wonderful sense of adventure as you trot around God’s globe! (But keep the chocolate is a back up…)

“It’s like stepping into a completely different world where you lose control and expectations.” Kinda the way i felt when i stepped into the US two years ago…from Kenya! God’s blessings and joy and peace be upon you and your family and your big family in Kenya! I can already taste those chapatis :)

Praying for your family. What an amazing way to spend Thanksgiving. Can I just say how grateful I am that you shared that you need chocolate and Xanax for traveling? Its nice to know I’m not the only one!

10. Wendi says

Kristen, you and your family are doing amazing things. Thank you from us back here in the U.S. for loving on these babies and their mamas half way around the world. I am excited to pray for you and your family these next 12 days as you go and be the feet and hands of Jesus. Your light for Him shines BIG and let that keep you going when you are tired, nervous, worn out, feeling like you don’t know what to do next. Hugs, amazing child of the King.

Praying for you and your family. I am in awe of you and your family in this ministry of Mercy House. Praying God’s blessings wrap you in safety, peace, and joy. Giving thanks and praise to God for you and yours.

12. Cheryl says

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of His glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in your inner being…Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be the glory…

Blessing to you and your sweet family. Thank you for your love, and for your ‘yes’ to our Father. You are constantly in my prayers.