Rhinestone Jesus

I’ve been working on this for the last year… the story I’ve been longing to tell.

And I’m so excited to announce my new book!

RhinestoneJesus_foreword_1

Back Cover: In high school, Kristen Welch wore a big, sparkly rhinestone “Jesus” pin to school every day and carried her Bible wherever she went. (Yes, she was that girl.) But she didn’t realize her faith, though sincere, was shallow; much like her artificial accessory, it would one day tarnish, no longer a true fit for who she was. As real life catapulted Kristen into places and situations she’d never imagined, there came a day when she stood shocked in the slums of Africa and realized in one desperate moment that Jesus wasn’t enough for her. At least . . . she wasn’t living like He was. On the brink of a risk bigger than any she’d ever taken, Kristen knew she didn’t stand a chance—unless she was willing to put aside the rhinestones and get branded by the real thing. Rhinestone Jesus is the story of one woman’s journey from comfortably living a safe, “good-girl” faith that didn’t cost much, to realizing that God was daring her to say yes to a bolder, more authentic, more dangerous way. This story of spiritual adventure throws the doors wide open for any woman who’s ever thought of herself as “just a mom.” Kristen will inspire and empower you to say yes to God right where you are—and stand amazed at how your life will shine.

Available May 1, 2014

Pre-order your copy at Amazon, Barnes & Noble or Christianbook.com today!

Comments

simply giddy. thinking of all the God-sized Kingdom work that will be accomplished from those who are inspired by your words. and the cover? brilliant.

2. Lynnebee says

GREAT and exciting news!!! I can’t wait to read it Kristin! Thank you for being who you are and saying yes to God!

3. heather mccreary says

I’m so excited to read this! Congratulations! You truly inspire me in my faith journey thru reading of all your work in Africa and all your “real mom” stories!

WOW! I am SO excited to see this!!! Congratulations – but more importantly WOO HOO!!!!!!! This will be awesome, I’m sure. God has been using you to bless, encourage and change so many of us- hoping this continues this ‘reach’! God Bless you for our hard work and saying ‘yes’.

This is so exciting! And it looks beautiful, too. I know we are not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but this cover is a winner. Can’t wait to read it!

Congratulations!! I am so happy that you wrote it, and that I can read it!!! Looking forward to purchasing it in May. Are you having a launch team? I’d love to be a part of the team :)

7. Candice Allen says

I remember that pin….and your beautiful voice as we sang in choir. Glad to see your voice is still strong and beautiful!

8. Jamie Stovall says

Yay! I can’t wait! I found you right around the time you were embarking upon your Mercy House journey, when you had declared that getting overly focused on home decor and such was just no longer you. Reading about your journey and the changes your family were experiencing have changed me. I look at my faith a whole lot differently now, thanks to you. God used you to change me. I, like you, wore the shirts and the salvation bracelet, but still didn’t quite get it. Thank you for sharing your story so candidly and allowing it to change women (or people, since my husband follows you, as well) like me!

9. Jenny says

Congratultions! I cannot wait to read the book. I have loved your blog for years and am so happy that the story that God has been writing will be available to help others grow in their journey! I feel like “just a mom” many days and am looking forward to being challenged by your words of encouragement. May the Lord continue to bless you as you walk with Him in obedience.

10. Wendi says

YES!!!!!! Sooooooo excited for you and so excited to see how this book impacts others. I look forward to getting my hands on this book and reading it for myself. Congratulations, Kristen, thank you for sharing your story.

11. Julie says

AMEN !!!! GOD IS GOOD – ALL THE TIME !!!! Yes – sir-ee your title is very eye catching ……God deserves all the shiny rhinestones – the bling/bling sooooo many persons are into these days for that fake showy appearance. If only people would open their eyes and see the true light shining so bright right before them. Our God is reaching out his arms with rhinestones in full to share – Let’s all get covered with our “Rhinestone JESUS” and shine brightly !

12. Heather says

Congratulations, Kristen. I believe you are the real deal, diamond rather than rhinestone. I love how you have written truth without condemnation. Press in & keep sharing. You are a blessing.