Today, I’m Releasing My Story To The World

It’s here!

Today is the day Rhinestone Jesus: Saying Yes to God When Sparkly Safe Faith is No Longer Enough releases worldwide.

I would be lying if I told you this is the book I always wanted to write.

But this is the story I was meant to live.

Saying yes to God has been an act of wild obedience for my family. It hijacked our American Dream and left us with something so much better.

It left us with more.

yesbooks

But this isn’t just our story. It’s a God-story. It’s undeniable, unbelievable, unquestionable proof that God can do anything when we say yes.

Today, Mercy House is preparing to move into our second home in Kenya, allowing us space to bring in more pregnant girls. This oasis in the heart of a poverty-stricken land has been paid for in full by so many of you. And soon, it will be a refuge for some of the most oppressed people in the world.

It’s also the National Day of Prayer. God’s timing is perfect.

image001

We cannot underestimate what happens with our every day yes.

It matters.

IMG_9087

3NLlAeHIDP30_VohZ3pqcKGBkwQO-8lp8EAuEs26gCg,G44ta-9ILfL8OrHVBjX5-9YUMLtG0GtmWx3BgiSpL0g

IMG_9077

Our yes to God will never be perfect. There will never be a “right” time. It will never be easy or even appreciated. But don’t think for a second that it doesn’t matter. It does.

Say it today.

IMG_9064 2

What Others Are Saying About Rhinestone Jesus:

quotes12

Add my book Rhinestone Jesus AND the (in)Mercy Poster below to your cart at Dayspring along with this code at checkout RhinestoneFree to receive the Poster for FREE! $20 value for free. Open to the first 50 orders. (Shipping charges do apply, unless you purchase 3 additional copies of Rhinestone Jesus or have a subtotal of $50 or more. One poster per order.) This promo has now ended.

Dayspring Christianbook.com Parable.com Books-A-Million Amazon

rhinestone jesus

And just because: (courtesy of my 1990 year book), Jesus pin, big hair and all:

1017751_10152114210417157_5259691611414961937_n

Comments

Yessss! I lived in Kenya for 8 years and know how desperate the needs are—and how truly beautiful the Kenyan people are. Every morning I lift you up to God. It’s humbling and delightful to see the way He is answering and providing. God bless you all!
    Linda Thomas

Kim says

yea! I ordered my copy today! Cant wait to read it. Thank you Kristen, you inspire so many of us. :)

Thanks to my dear friend, Katy Rose, I heard about your book and bought it yesterday. I’m already half-way through and wow, it’s speaking straight to my heart! My husband, daughter, and I live in Iraq, and I have to admit, after living overseas for awhile, it’s easy for your heart to become jaded by the realities of the world, and as you said, His glory doesn’t always look so “glorious.” Your testimony is softening my heart and reminding me of the bigger picture, and of the bigger God who simply calls us to follow and Him and say “yes.” Even when you’ve already packed up your life and moved half-way across the world, the journey to saying “yes” doesn’t end. Thanks for sharing your story. Me and countless others are blessed by it! Excited to finish it and see how we can be a part of what God is doing through Mercy House.

Hello there! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from
    an established blog. Is it tough to set up your own
    blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast.
    I’m thinking about creating my own but I’m not sure where to start.
    Do you have any tips or suggestions? With thanks

my blog – WeChat Speed Hack

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your content seem to
    be running off the screen in Firefox. I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought
    I’d post to let you know. The style and design look great though!
    Hope you get the issue solved soon. Thanks

Incredible! This blog looks exactly like my old
    one! It’s on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same
    layout and design. Great choice of colors!

gucci handbags
    I just could not go away your website prior to suggesting that I really loved the usual information an individual supply
    in your visitors? Is going to be back often in order to
    investigate cross-check new posts