WFMW: Yes Right In the Middle of Your Mess

YesWFMW

I’m happy to welcome this week’s guest post from Monica for my Wednesday series Yes, Works For Me! Please welcome her and be encouraged by her yes to God and continue to link up what works for you.

When I was a senior in college I thought I had this thing called life all figured out. I laugh a little at even typing those words out right now.

I said “YES” to what I thought was a calling to international missions after a weeklong missions conference at my church.

At the same time that I was saying “YES” to follow God onto the mission field, God was bringing a very special person into my life…my future husband.

You see, God’s plans are always so much bigger than our own. They’re also often very different from our own.

God’s plan for my life, at least at that time, did not include foreign missions.

But it did include saying YES to following Him in obedience wherever He would eventually lead me.

My husband is a Chaplain in the United States Army. He provides for the religious freedom for the soldiers who fight for our freedoms. He is able to minister to them in times of great need.

In saying YES to follow God in obedience wherever He leads over fifteen years ago, I am now living out my calling as a Chaplain’s Wife and homeschooling mom to four children.

I never envisioned this as my calling.

I never envisioned myself as the wife of an Army Chaplain, moving every couple of years to wherever the Army sends us.

yes-in-my-mess

I never envisioned myself as a mom, doing the seeming mundane work of caring for children, endless laundry, and homes that we don’t own.

I never envisioned myself as a homeschooling mom, pouring my life into the four children God has so richly blessed our family with and spending hours teaching them to read, to count numbers, and to love Jesus.

My vision for my life would have had me on a mission field in the middle of nowhere sharing Christ with the unreached peoples of the world.

God’s vision for my life has me serving my husband, my children and my community.

I have spent countless time struggling to reconcile my vision for my life that seemed so much more sacrificial and meaningful with God’s vision for my life that I am living out from day to day.

I have come to learn that God desires for us to say YES to HIS YES for our lives and then live out that YES in obedience right in the middle of the mess that He has called us to.

His YES for our lives may be sharing the gospel with unreached peoples of the world.

Or it may be sharing the gospel with the unreached in our own community.

His YES for our lives may call us to travel across the world.

Or it may call us to travel across the room.

Whatever it is, He only asks that our response is a faithful and obedient YES.

profile-pic-nov13Bio: With Philippians 4:8 as her guide, Monica is seeking to dwell on whatever is true, honorable, right, lovely, of good repute, any excellence, and anything worthy of praise as she serves her husband, an Army Chaplain, and homeschools their four children. Monica also enjoys capturing and documenting their everyday memories through digital scrapbooking. She shares all this at her blog, DailyDwelling.

Comments

I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your weblog.
    Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility
    problems? A few of my blog audience have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox.
    Do you have any suggestions to help fix this problem?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Monica. I’ve also ended up in places I never thought I would be in my quest to follow God faithfully. One thing I struggle with is knowing for sure whether God is pointing me in a certain direction or I’m just bonkers ;) How do you determine what God is telling you or pushing you to do?

Get another perspective to raise the value of the local news in DC.
    First-rate listening skills are very important for truly understanding your buyers
    concerns and needs. The other procedure for forex news trading is simply by actually analyzing
    the information.

African American writers may make amazing works of non-fiction that are popular and then sell-out at bookstores.
    In viewpoint writing it can be essential which you, mcdougal, are ‘not present’ in the scene you happen to
    be describing. read more visa bulletin november 2007 The approach to select key term is that mcdougal can choose some information or vocabularies which are related while using
    whole paper after they finishes it. They are, most of all, feature oriented, so they can provide a fantastic view about the real
    scope of your project and we can easily compare
    them each other when it comes to size, effort”, etc.

Note: You can post articles and blogs in such social network sites
    too, however you have to ensure that the content is interesting and well written. But it seems like the kids aren’t really happy to leave their old friends and relocate in the new city.

The only way they’re going to do that is if they enjoyed your initial post I submitted to Digg.

Interested in letting other video gamers find out about a certain video
    game. This step will guarantee a right flow of ideas and establish the order
    with their presentation. itself (http://www.lifturvoiceent.com)
    visa green dot One from the most effective solutions to establish a presence online (so
    that you are found when someone ‘Googles’ you), is by using a Linked – In profile.
    After the initial introduction, the acronym can be used through the
    document without long form description.

in homemade pudding

We need to maintain the specific format for writing college app essay.
    When I was teaching fourth grade, I remember children simply throwing in a chain of adjectives.
    Has whereafter Later look for your letter again,
    put other points that happen to you about the blank
    lines. Writing jobs from home are now becoming more and more available.

Hello I am so delighted I found your blog, I really found you by accident, while I was
    searching on Askjeeve for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to
    say thank you for a tremendous post and a all round thrilling blog
    (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also included your
    RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back
    to read more, Please do keep up the great jo.

If you would want to reap the great things about using A1 Articles and turn into one
    f our many authors, please read on to learn how you can join us at
    A1 Articles. I make all of my students write their homework articles
    in the Word document then email it in my opinion.
    teu (http://www.babypiano.tv) A student studying with you
    at school needs money to pay for his school fees
    on account of family financial problems. You may have hopes of knocking
    the novel out in a very few hours flat but unless you’ve superhuman writing skills you must
    expect your book to have a bit of your energy to create.

In the earlier days, food photography was quite
    conservative depicting food or dishes laid out for the table in a attractive manner.
    This Whirlpool WTW7900XW Washer may be found
    anywhere Whirlpool appliances are sold for an average tariff of
    $800.
    Profiled in a very “NOVA” episode airing this week on PBS,
    Watson came to be out of your IBM research lab and named after the company’s founder,
    Thomas Watson. However, some variety comes with a board along with other snake pits because the receiver.

If you’ll be able to accomplish this, people will trust your articles and be far more likely to click your links,
    offer feedback, share your article, and follow you as an author.

Hence, technical writing must use explanatory yet simple language.
    Whirlpool cabrio repair over (support.modnique.com) No dream about success you have
    is going to come true instantly, therefore it is important you remember that from your start.

I want to ask mine, when they say ‘Someone should come up with a widget for doing that’ Why does someone else must come with it.

free stickers

Article marketing basically entails advertising through
    using articles on your own site. Over the very last six
    years approximately, I have developed a skill for photography,
    painting, reading, writing, drawing. Free restaurant gift cards with purchase
    nobody (realfanblast.zendesk.com) prepared for your
    opening event, Pancake Curling, September 12 or my name ain

best cordless drill brand

The same procedure is applied to the subsequent paragraphs at the same time.
    Here are some with the important rules, which can be
    used to create the top fantasy books for that audiences:
    . Best cordless phone company Conversion will permit
    your individuals to convert right into a lead,
    subscriber, donor, etc. By not rushing to create ‘quantity’ you’re better
    in a position to compose yourself as well as your thoughts so
    that readers understand what it is you are sharing with these.

まだ名古屋に移籍ならまし。名古屋のファンは来るものは歓迎してくれる。
    馬鹿みたいに大量に雇ってるのも全部握手のためだし
    スタッフのみなさんも おはようございますって挨拶してくれて。。。

And, in case you might have not guessed, I have just completed the “Tell them that which you told them” rule.
    Between enough time stamps, video recordings, and built-in anti-theft devices for checks, committing the crime is a lot more folly than profit.
    opusfx.com It might help to have exactly what you
    desire out from the project in the event you supply the
    author with guidelines, ideas plus a well constructed brief
    or outline. Write an original, original content out of the you get from these
    sources.

Cc moi je peut vous donner des pas et des équss automobile je quitte equideow il vous suffi juste
    d’envoyer votre mdp et pseudo a drogould sur equideow bonne
    journée Vous voulez hacker equideow alors
    regardé ma vidéo Equus Generator 2014 ” Bientôt le jeu Equideow n’aura plus aucune valeur !