Remember the slow, lazy days between Christmas and New Year’s?
I don’t know about you, but the first week of this new year already has me running to keep up. I’m so grateful for the time we took off during the holidays because well, it’s over.
There are a few things that have me like [Praise Hands] this first week of January and I have to share them with you:
- Neato. It’s a robotic vacuum (think Roomba) that cleans my floors while I’m not even home and it’s something I’ve wanted for the longest time. I can start it with an app on my phone. So, it’s basically like having a wife. I’m a compulsive sweeper, we have wood floors, pets and kids, so obviously I love, love, love it.
- My New Desk Calendar. I got to have a creative hand in creating the super classy and fun Fair Trade Friday desk calendar that landed in more than 1600 mailboxes this week. It’s practical and supports some amazing artisans in Ukraine. (And it’s only $10)
- Thrift Shopping– I’ve rediscovered my love of thrift shopping thanks to Family Thrift Center (if you’re in Texas, you’ve got to try it!) It takes some time to search the racks, but pretty much everything my family wears these days has been thrifted.
- My Felt Letterboard– Maybe you’ve seen these awesome message boards? It was a birthday gift last month and it’s my favorite little pep talk. Or a reminder to eat cookies on hard days. This is mine but I also love this DIY version.
- Root Collective: My absolutely favorite fair trade, handmade shoes (flats and boots) are on sale this week at Zulily. Swoon. These are divinely comfortable and super cute!
- Simplified Gallery Wall. I woke up a few weeks ago and felt like my walls were too cluttered. While I loved color and all the sentimental pieces, I simplified our living room gallery wall.
Have a great weekend!