Happy Friday! My kids are on their way home from church camp and I’m pretty sure my washing machine is in the fetal position. It can’t be as bad as the time one of my kids brought home a suitcase of clean clothes from camp after I discovered their toothbrush was at home. Ah, summer.
Here are some things I’m loving this week:
- Movies: It’s been a slow start to summer for us, but I did get out and see Wonder Woman and I loved it. We bought the new Beauty and the Beast on video and my girls sang every word while I ate large amounts of popcorn. (While my husband was on bedrest before his surgery, I did make him watch all 5 Twilight movies. I have no pride–canceling your summer vacation makes you desperate.)
- I need to talk about the new Root Collective latte leather shoes. Aren’t they gorgeous? Plus, they are 100% handmade and world-changing.
- Food: Honestly, thanks to Meal Train and nice people in our lives, I haven’t cooked much in the past few weeks. But, I did ask for recipes. Here are some delicious meals we’ve had:Lettuce Wraps and Healthy Fettuccine Alfredo
- Books: I’ve had a chance to read a couple of books this summer and I loved this one so much, I ordered a copy for my dad for Father’s Day.
- I’m all about the Kimono lately. I love how it dresses up a t-shirt and jeans. And this fair trade version we are carrying in the Mercy House Global retail store? Well, it’s worth a visit.
- Speaking of #road trip– Our 2017 Mercy House Gala will be September 9, 2017 and it will be amazing! Tickets are on sale and this will be an unforgettable night Come for an incredible night (need our Kenyan leaders) shop at one of our two locations and volunteer! Let me know if you’re coming.
- Favorites: Need an easy, unique gift? This new “Under $10 Fair Trade Collection”has me all heart eyes