Anyone else happy it’s Friday (raises hands wildly)? It’s crazy town in my life right now. I mean crazier than normal. It turns out when you run retail stores, several subscription clubs and create custom fair trade product for all of the above, fall is busy. We’ve got deadlines for Spring lines and ideas floating around for next year’s Fall collections and well, some weeks it makes my head spin.
But, I’m still finding things to love this week.
- The weather. Now, I’m a Texan and we generally never love the weather because hot is just about all we got. But this week, we’ve had several days with the highs in the 70’s and it just makes me happy. We overdress, of course, and still sweat, but it’s still something to smile about.
- West Wing. I’ve been digging political shows on Netflix lately. What are you watching?
- Girl Boss Box. Do you know a girl boss trying to build her business? Maybe she regularly gives incentive gifts or thank you gifts to her team? Maybe she’s you. This fair trade box helps girl boss’ build their business (and feel really good about it!)
- This front door mat. Because I’m a sucker.
- Sneak peek at colors for Fall 2018 Mercy House wholesale line. We are finalize our first real wholesale line to launch in NYC in February next year (And can we just pause and praise God over the first ceramic beads from our miracle group in Kenya!)
- These handmade boots from Guatemala. Favorite boots forever and ever amen. I bought them last year and have worn them so much they might need new souls.
- Facebook Live. Yeah, love might be stretching it. But I’ve gotten a few under my belt (here) and I’ve deciding I love connecting with you.
- This new cozy fair trade gift box. I, mean, doesn’t it just make you want to snuggle up? Or at least give the weather man a nudge?
- This video that my 5th grader showed me gave me a big fat lump in my throat. I dare you to watch it and try not to cry. Even better, show it to your kids and inspire them to think outside the box.
- Bonus: Would you please (please!)consider sharing this 1.5 minute animated video? Trust me, it’s a good cause.