Welp. We are already dipping our toes into some hot weather this week in South Texas. I resumed drinking sweet tea to help cope. Here are some things I’m loving this week:
- Summer. Because yes! Give me about 5 minutes and I’ll be ready for a routine again. But my kids slept in until 9:30 a.m. today and it was awesome.
- These fair trade Father’s Day bundles. Use code WELOVEDAD and save 15% on this amazing man-sized grilling apron, array of spices and handmade basket.
- The mountains. Over Memorial Day weekend, we drove 11 hours straight to the first mountains we could find and then we climbed them. My family loves to hike. I let them climb to the top and I found a grassy place to lay down on a slope. They kind of felt sorry for me–thinking I couldn’t make it to the top. But really? I just wanted to be alone. I lay there in the breeze in the mountains for almost an hour. I talked to God a little, but mostly I was just still. I’m pretty sure it was my favorite part of the week.
- Warby Parker-I’m loving my new glasses and I didn’t have to leave my house to get them. You can upload your prescription, request a few pairs to try on and pick your favorite. It’s a win-win-win!
- These earrings. I wear them almost every day. Seriously. They are fair trade. I know the ladies in Kenya who make them and they change their world every time we sell a pair.
- My high school graduate and my own chauffeur. We had a little taco party for my oldest last weekend. I can’t believe I have a college bound girl. We are cleaning out her room, shopping for her dorm and treasuring this our days together. My newly minted 16 year old son is my own personal driver. Grown up kids is pretty amazing.
- Fair Trade Friday. So, if you haven’t jumped on the this yet, YOU MUST. It’s the most beautiful way to change the world and look cute doing it. Here’s a testimonial we got this week with our fabulous June box. “I’ve been a FTF club member for quite a while and every single month I think, wow! This is the best box ever – until the next one arrives. It’s a real privilege to be able to play some small part in ensuring others have the opportunity to use their gifts and provide for themselves and others, with dignity. Really, I’m completely astounded at the variety and quality of items I receive each month. I’m a walking FTF poster girl! ;-)”
- Poshmark– We are committed to our pledge to try and buy second hand when we can’t buy fair trade in our house. Poshmark is saving the day. Try searching for your favorite brand, make an offer and save money. We love it!
- Homeschool. We are a full force homeschool family now. My oldest two left public high school two years ago and last week, I checked our youngest out and we are making the jump for her next school year with a two-day week homeschool co-op. I’m excited to spend some extra time with my girl, take her with me on some trips and help her chart her own education course.
- The Declare Conference. If you’re in Texas, you don’t want to miss this conference this Fall. I’m speaking and Mercy House is setting up a fair trade store. Come see us!
- Hosting a Fair Trade Market–Many of you read this post and signed up to host your own Fair Trade Market this summer. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the gorgeous life-changing product you’ll be able to offer at your party. You can still sign up (for free!) to host here and get a $40 high end fair trade necklace for free.
Happy weekend, y’all!