It’s been a busy week around here. Saturday is our 3rd Annual Mercy House Gala and we’re ready to pull off this event that we’ve been planning for the last year! I’m also ready to sleep for a week.
I wanted to share some things that I’m loving this week and that are getting me through the crazy:
- Having these guys home. I love it. They love it. We are one happy family (until they text me and want me to settle their argument of who’s smarter.)
- This book. I’ve been thinking a lot about what comes after all this (life) and I’m sort of falling in love with Heaven all over again. I highlighted this sentence in the introduction and have been thinking about it all week, “God uses suffering and impending death to unfasten us from this earth and to set our minds on what lies beyond.” If you haven’t read it, I highly recommend it.
- Friends who deliver dinner (and dessert) because they know you have a hectic week. Enough said.
- I’m de-stressing with this little book. My teen is a great teacher (and a natural).
- This fun and funky necklace. It makes me smile. I’ve worn it 3 times this week!
- A made bed. When life is especially crazy, making my bed–even when I don’t have time–makes me feel like I have a little bit of control. It’s all in my head, but still. (Get my Letterpress Blocks here).
- This Red Barn. Mercy House will be getting a new home! This red barn is iconic in our town and it’s the perfect space for our Mercy House Retail Store (!) and Volunteer Warehouse: Grand Opening Holiday Market on Nov. 5) Sounds like a road trip to me!