The Easter Season is the perfect time to practice intentional parenting. It’s more than bunnies and baskets and golden eggs-it’s an opportunity to teach our children about the most important event in history.
If we didn’t have the Cross, we wouldn’t have forgiveness.
If we didn’t have the Resurrection, we wouldn’t have hope.
If we didn’t have Jesus, we wouldn’t have anything.
Here are 10 fun (and easy!) ways to keep Easter about Jesus:
- Read The Parable of the Lily and plant (or force) a lily bulb
- Create this easy, beautiful watercolor Cross Art
- Plant an Easter Garden
- Dye/hunt eggs. Share the reasons behind the traditions
- A Sense of the Resurrection - a great ebook to help little hands (ages 3-6) grasp the meaning of Easter.
- Make Resurrection Eggs. Read Benjamin’s Box: The Story of the Resurrection Eggs
along with it.
- Bake Hot Cross Buns on Good Friday
- Fill Easter baskets with something meaningful (a new Bible, a cross necklace, eggs with Scripture)
- Make Resurrection Rolls for Easter morning breakfast
- Have a family devotion together and talk about the meaning of Easter (this is a good one)
updated post from the archives