I stopped in my tracks on Pinterest when I saw this photo the other day:
(I researched it and I believe it originated on the creator’s Facebook page and ended up on Pinterest. Thank you, Melissa Holt for the beautiful idea!)
I knew it would be on our list for Spring Break this week. Easter is still three weeks away, but as Christians we celebrate it every day, right?
Since I have three do-it-yourselfers at home and I’m a very wise mom, I knew that one Resurrection Garden would lead to sin (also known as sibling rivalry). So we created three mini Resurrection Gardens.
It was easy to make, everyone got to add their own touches and it cost pretty much the same as making one large one like the picture above.
Supplies Needed: We found all of ours at WalMart and averaged about $7.50 per mini garden.
- Terra cotta mini pot (tomb)
- Terra cotta small tray
- Small pebbles from Floral dept(one bag was plenty for three)
- Grass seed (we have enough left over for the bare patch in our yard)
- One small bag of potting soil
- Small twigs and Large rock (smaller than a child’s fist) from the yard
- Glue gun
- Spray water bottle
1. Place mini pot on the tray and add potting soil around it.
2. Pack soil in and on top of the mini pot, forming a small hill.
3. Add pebbles coming from the opening of the “tomb”
4. Place larger rock half covering the tomb
5. Sprinkle grass seed on the soil
6. Glue small twigs to form three crosses (hot glue works best)
7. Stick each cross into the “hill” behind the tomb
8. Spray soil lightly every day with water bottle
9. Watch and wait for new life (grass) to spring forth!
It’s a beautiful reminder that He is Risen!
Really Cool I just love it keep the good work on. and if any buddy looking to save on home and garden supplies then you should Visit Rhino Shopping Cart because I use to save a lot from this website by using discounts
HelI have been looking for different paper flower crafts to make so I can put in some vases I have that my son and his family brought me flowers for my birthday and for mother’s day. These look so easy to make, I am going to try them and make a bouquet for one of my vases. Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial. I will let you know how mine turn out. For more Visit here
Robert Builder says
Great job! This is an interesting post. Thanks for sharing. Will continue following your blog.
We wanted to know more about the effects of the online shopping trend, internet, online purchase trends, and technologies towards the retail world, such as consumers preferences on retail shopping, what are their opinions on the shopping experience, and the future trends in consumers spending.
USA Import Data says
Nice blog, thank you so much for sharing this. Import Globals is one of the best USA Import Data and Indonesia Import Data service provider. Visit our website for more information.