- Home. Next week I’m traveling to Ethiopia and then on to Kenya. Y’all probably know by now how much I anxiety is wrapped up in that sentence. Say a prayer for me and of course, come with me. I’ll be sharing mostly on Instagram Stories about visiting Mercy House Global artisans and amazing pictures from our art camp.
- Every month I visit a Afghani refugee woman named Ruqia. Four years ago she was fleeing to Pakistan where she lived in a refugee camp and now she’s crocheting beautiful rope pot holders for these Mother’s Day Bundles. Plus, the amazing gold foil bee was created from a hand carved stamp by one of our teen moms in Kenya. Make your mom proud and buy her a gift this year that empowers moms around the world. I bought 3 bundles and one of them is for me! How did I get this amazing job?!
- This week I started a Facebook Group for my blog. You should join. I’m confessing all kinds of things over there. And it’s where I will share all my biggest news first.
- Planning our Fair Trade Fashion Show + Spring Tea for May 4. Come to Houston, sip tea, see a fashion show, shop fair trade. Tickets are cheap and I want to meet you.
- Boston? My husband and are celebrating 25 years this year and we have airline credits and we’ve narrowed it down to Boston this summer. Because we’ve never been and I looovve seafood. Where should we go? Tell us what not to miss in that area!
- Podcasts. I am falling in love with them —loving this one right now. What’s your favorite? (I’m thinking of starting one–Would you listen?)
- Parenthood. I held out watching this show because I knew it would make me cry. No, I’m compulsively binge-watching it. What are you watching? Share!
- Our Fair Trade Friday Original Club is super-duper every month, but this month?! April is ah-mazing. Trust me! (Hint: if you’re a Joyn fan, you might want to join).
Have a great weekend!