- What I’m excited about today: FREE SHIPPING on everything today at Mercy House Global! Use code FREEDOM at checkout (domestic orders only)
- What I’ve been watching: Family Friendly Documentaries:
- What I’m eating: mozzarella cheese, grape tomatoes and fresh basil from my daughter’s garden sprinkled with salt, pepper and olive oil
- What I’m working on: a new Mercy House Global candle line with Syrian refugee moms relocated to Houston. More details coming soon!
- What I’m smelling: Diffusing lemon essential oils in the kitchen. Have you seen the new fair trade There’s An Oil For That Curated Gift Box?
- What I’m drinking: my favorite drink at Sonic right now is: A large diet green tea with extra (splenda) peach add-in. It’s a mostly a million degrees here and this is so refreshing.
- What I do first thing in the morning: make myself a cup of fair trade coffee (the best!) with a splenda and half an half
- What I’m listening to: the first time Lin Manuel Miranda, Broadway genius, sang Hamilton (pg-13)
- What I’m looking forward to: all my kids will be at church camp next week and my husband and I are going to Cancun (a first time for us). Got any beach-read suggestions?
- What I hope you’ll want to know more about: Home for the Holidays–click to learn more
what I'm loving
WHAT IS MAKING ME HAPPY: Summer. I, mean, it's only the first week, but I'm still optimistic that there's one more cool front coming before the nearly 100 degree weather is here to stay. I've had all my kids home under the same roof for the past few week and nothing makes me happier! I'm also sending my oldest to an internship in Thailand and I'm really excited for her. WHAT I'M READING: The Road Back to You. This book is a great place to start if you're interested in the Enneagram. I'm a ... Read More
Home. Next week I'm traveling to Ethiopia and then on to Kenya. Y'all probably know by now how much I anxiety is wrapped up in that sentence. Say a prayer for me and of course, come with me. I'll be sharing mostly on Instagram Stories about visiting Mercy House Global artisans and amazing pictures from our art camp. Every month I visit a Afghani refugee woman named Ruqia. Four years ago she was fleeing to Pakistan where she lived in a refugee camp and now she's crocheting beautiful rope pot ... Read More
I've got two half dead poinsettias on the front porch and a Christmas candle burning because clearly I can't let go. But I'm easing my way into a new year with some of my favorite things that you need to know about: Gracelaced Calendar + Planner | I'm really picky when it comes to paper planners. I typically end up using a fancy spiral notebook. A few months ago, I got Ruth Chou Simons 17-month planner and not only am I using it daily -it lives in my purse and I love it. Some of my ... Read More
Hello summer! Welp. We are already dipping our toes into some hot weather this week in South Texas. I resumed drinking sweet tea to help cope. Here are some things I'm loving this week: Summer. Because yes! Give me about 5 minutes and I'll be ready for a routine again. But my kids slept in until 9:30 a.m. today and it was awesome. These fair trade Father's Day bundles. Use code WELOVEDAD and save 15% on this amazing man-sized grilling apron, array of spices and handmade basket. The ... Read More
As you're reading this, I'm flying somewhere over the ocean and I'm probably dying for some sleep. I wanted to share what I'm loving this week --because next week, get ready for some updates from Kenya. I'll be visiting our Mercy House artisans with our Fall 2018 line and our maternity homes. Squishy babies, ahead. Here's what I'm loving: These pants. They are fair trade, super stretchy, very comfy and have Amazon prime free shipping. I wear them at home, to bed, on planes, well, ... Read More
I'm excited to share some of my favorite things with you. Here's what I'm loving I'm loving this week: My over-the-mantle barn doors that hide the TV. I've had a love hate relationship with a TV in my living room and I saw an idea on Pinterest. For Valentine's Day this year, my husband adapted it for our wall and built and hung this fabulous option. I'm in love (with the doors, too) These fair trade earrings. It turns out coral fringe goes with everything. Plus, I know the ... Read More
Anyone else happy it's Friday (raises hands wildly)? It's crazy town in my life right now. I mean crazier than normal. It turns out when you run retail stores, several subscription clubs and create custom fair trade product for all of the above, fall is busy. We've got deadlines for Spring lines and ideas floating around for next year's Fall collections and well, some weeks it makes my head spin. But, I'm still finding things to love this week. The weather. Now, I'm a Texan and we ... Read More