Every Story Whispers His Name

It’s a colorful book, with bright pictures and engaging stories.

It’s a children’s Bible for ages 4-7.

And I can’t put it down.

I brought it home for my little girl to hold close to her heart. But the words in the The Jesus Storybook Bible have made their way into mine. I am captured.

Every story, from Adam and Eve to Saul, from Noah to the prodigal son, whispers the name of Jesus. The author follows The Author’s lead and every story points back or ties in the work of Jesus Christ. I have learned so much and it’s opened the Word of God up to me.

I cried when I read it the first time. I use it for devotions. I trade gummy bears with my little girl to borrow it.

“The Bible is most of all a Story. It’s an adventure story about a young Hero who comes from a far counry to win back his lost reasure. It’s a love story about a brave Prince who leaves his palace, his throne–everything–to rescue the one he loves. It’s like the most wonderful of fairy tales that has come true in real life!

You see, the best thing about this Story is –it’s true.

There are lots of stories in the Bible, but all the stories are telling one Big Story. The Story of how God loves his children and comes to rescue them.

It takes the whole Bible to tell this Story. And at the center of the Story, there is a baby. Every Story in the Bible whispers his name. He is like the missing piece in a puzzle–the piece that makes all the other pieces fit together, and suddenly you can see a beautiful picture.”

For me, this is more than a book about The Bible. It’s a reminder that my life, each chapter, every day that creates my story, should whisper His name. When my life is read, I want the pages to point people in the direction of The One who matters most.

Can you hear it? The whispering….

Comments

1. Kaitlin says

We love this Bible in our house – I just had to re-tape the binding back on ours, as we’ve read through it at least 5 times over the past year!

2. Susan says

Thank you for posting this. I feel the same way about the book. I have told friends about it and they think I am crazy. We have it on a CD also. The man reading it makes it come alive. My big kids (8 &9) ask for it when we are in the car. I never looked at the bible in this way and I will never look at it the same way again.

LOVE this book!! A friend gave it to us – my 4 year old will sit with one of us and tell us the “whole” story – mind you her version – but she loves it too!! We read it as a family for devotions too – and I have recommended this book to many!! Love that it points to Jesus every step of the way!!

4. Mama Tia says

I adore this Bible! My now 3-year-old received it for her second birthday, and it has been a constant part of our life ever since. It has been the source of many, many spiritual conversations with our little one. Although it is aimed at slightly older kids, it only requires minor adapting to make it understandable for a toddler. I am planning to give a copy to a friend’s daughter for Christmas.

Heard about it for the first time a couple of years ago at Andrew Peterson’s Behold the Lamb of God tour. He read from it each time. Gonna need one for my little girl coming home in a few weeks!!

6. Emily C says

I’ve been reading it to my Elisabeth since she was born and LOVE it, too. My baby shower gifts now are always JSBB + ______, and everyone falls in love with it so quickly.

7. Henita Riesen says

I have the German copy (living in Germany) and we just love it too. I had to wipe away tears the first time I read it to the children. It has given me so much joy!

8. Colleen says

This Bible was gifted to my boys from a friend who works for Zondervan. WE all fell in love with it. Recommend it to everyone!

We use this Bible too and have for years! We love it! My daughter insists on taking it to church every Sunday with her so now it’s starting to fall apart. But I love hearing her in the back seat on the way to church flipping through the book and retelling the stories on her own! There’s no great joy!!!

Thanks for sharing!
    Courtney

10. Amy T. says

We have this Bible and it literally is falling apart……It is hands down the best children’s Bible. But, like you, I’ve gotten so much out of it personally.

I needed to read this today. I needed the reminder that everything SHOULD point His story for my life – and more often than not, those hard days,weeks.months are pointing to a brighter day ahead. Because really, when we listen? Everything whispers His name.

Thanks for your words. Just the other day my oldest asked if my two youngest had that book! So many LOVE it.

Thanks Kristen for all you share with us… for being such a wonderful gift into my life this year.

Hugs,
    Teena

Just ordered it. Looks wonderful! I’ve been browsing for a book to get my kids for Christmas. My boys will love it. Thanks for the recommendation.

OH! I love this book, too. I read it to my little boys during the summer. They love to drive us bonkers putting on ‘plays’ and recently, were going to perform a ‘Jesus play’. “Don’t worry, Momma. We’ll leave out all the parts that made you cry when you read the book,” my 5 yr old whispered. But then, there wouldn’t be much of a story, would there?!

I just came across your blog … and will be returning for more visits, I am sure! I am a mom of six grown children, and grama to nine precious grandchildren! And I love to read and share about mothering, too. Thanks for your helpful site for so many moms. And I love the Jesus Storybook Bible … we gave one to each of our four married daughters (who are all young moms) last Christmas, and I love to read it myself, as well. And we have recommended it to many others … it is so good!

We love, love, LOVE the Jesus Storybook Bible here!!! We read it for family devotions (except this month when we’re doing a special advent book). I LOVE how every story points to Christ. Great post!

Our church gave us this book when we had our son dedicated in March! I’ve read just the beginning…I’m excited to start reading it regularly once he reaches an age of comprehension. :) (He’s not quite 13 months right now.)

18. Rajalakshmi says

Kristen, I just found your blog and I am reading all your old blog posts. I just ordered this bible for our 3 year old and for me, really! You are such a blessing and thank you for writing your book… I had recently purchased that one too and that’s how I found your blog. :)