It All Comes Down to Love

Quinter is 16 and her daughter (our firstborn), Precious is 11 months old. When she came to Mercy House she was so traumatized she didn’t speak. In the past year, she has changed so much.

In 30 seconds, she beautifully sums up why this ministry exists.

We spent the last few days visiting organizations around the city, learning from what others are doing. Today we spent our time planning and dreaming about the future, developing the next phase of educational (higher education) and vocational options for our girls.

It was mentally exhausting, but also exciting!

Would you consider becoming a Mercy House sponsor for $10 a month?

(We need around 100 people to commit at this level to meet our current budget. And a very special thanks to the many who contribute monthly support. Thank you for believing in this dream even when you couldn’t see it! God has used you greatly.)

Comments

Tracey H. says

I’m so thankful to have found your website and blog!! I would be honored to give $10 a month so that these wonderful and fearfully made girls and their babies can continue to grow in such a wonderful place!! I’m thrilled to be a small part of The Mercy House:0)

Amber K says

Quinter and Precious, I do love you both. Just so, so much. I’m a mess right now at my computer at my desk at work…Kristen and Maureen and Terrell, my heart is just so grateful that you say YES to Him.

Hugs, Prayers, and and Ever Growing Admiration for these Young Mommies,
    AmberK
    Praying very much that the love these girls feel in Him continues to fill them up!

Just signed up for $10 a month. I was already a $3 a month person. So will it now be $13 a month from my account? I hope signing up for $10 did not cancel my $3–because that is not what I want to happen. I read this after coming home from taking the kids thru Sonic Happy Hour. If I can spend $10 at Sonic whenever I want I sure as heck need to spend $10 on something more meaningful. Thanks for the opportunity!

Deborah A says

Blessed to be able to help these precious women and babies. Just signed up for $10 a month, and will give more when I can. Praying for you as you minister .

Shauna Burton says

Thank you so much for sharing this journey with us. It has touched our family in many ways. We just signed up to be $25 a month sponsors. Praying for your family and the Mercy House family.

I work in higher education as an Academic Advisor. If there is any advice or ideas that I can help you with in the higher education realm, please let me know. I don’t know how much help I can be, but I’d be willing to look into things for you.

Your ministry matters so much. I just had to share how I feel about Mercy House on my blog awhile back… because this ministry touches my heart in a deep deep way. I wear my Mercy House bracelet whenever and wherever- hoping for people to comment on it so I can tell them all about Mercy House and it’s ministry. May God richly bless and grow this ministry and may the giving be more than enough to meet the needs.
    Thank you for following God’s lead.

April says

That’s right Quineter – we LOVE you!

Though, it broke my heart to hear her say “you love me more than my mother loves me.”

Praying!