WFMW: That Bugs (Instant and Natural Itch Relief)

We spent the last few weeks sleeping with our windows open under mosquito nets. We are still taking malaria medicine because in many countries, mosquitos leave more than a bothersome itch, they deliver debilitating malaria.

Even with taking precautions, we still have a few bug bites. My five year old is especially sensitive (and whiny) about those itchy spots. I quickly learned that rubbing a bar of soap over an itchy spot offers instant relief! After verifying it online, I found a host of tips to help defeat the dreaded itch that often accompanies summer.

That works for me!

Jetlag, however, does not work for me. {yawn}

Comments

Thank you for the soap tip!! My daughter has a GIANT bite on her leg and we’re working on the self-control, but night time is hard. Thank you also for hosting! :)

Wendi says

A couple summers ago we were vacationing back in MI and my son got bit up something horribly. He was covered from head to toe. Actually his entire hair line was a continuous mosquito bite. At night he would scratch them in his sleep until they bled, and then any treatment we applied for itch relief stung because it was being applies on open skin. I ended up heading down to Wal-Mart and bought waterproof band-aids. I applied them all over his body and he was not able to get his nails under the band-aids and scratch the bites. We still use this method when he gets a stray one every once in a great while here at home in AZ where we have fewer mosquitos. Hope all of your bites go away soon.
    Welcome home, we are glad that you made it back safely.

Kat says

I just found your blog, and now I’m a new fan. Thank you so much for the tips on mosquito bite relief. A bar of soap?! I’m opening the box of Ivory now. :)

Alexia says

I keep seeing that bar of soap tip and keep forgetting to try it! I was wondering if it actually worked or not!

It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and
    it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to
    suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Maybe you can
    write next articles referring to this article.
    I want to read even more things about it!

With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism
    or copyright violation? My site has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either
    created myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission.
    Do you know any ways to help stop content from being stolen?

I’d certainly appreciate it.