WFMW: Stretching a Canvas

One of my favorite spots in our new home reminds me every day of the place and people I love.

Near the end of our trip to Kenya this summer, we visited a local market and negotiated for a lovely piece of painted rolled canvas.

My kids and I didn’t have much time for art this summer, but I couldn’t wait to bring this piece back home and hang it.

This was our first time to stretch a canvas and I couldn’t believe how easy it was.

Supplies Needed:

• canvas
  • 4 wood slats (we got ours from Hobby Lobby in the frame department for around $2.50 each)
  • staple gun and staples

We slid the wood slats together and pulled the canvas tightly over the edges and stapled. It was that easy!

It captures the stunning beauty of the Kenyan people!

It’s a simple, inexpensive way to make art!

What works for you?

Comments

How awesome that you brought that home! I’ve never attempted to stretch my own – but wow – it sure looks easy. Gorgeous art, and thanks for the link up, as always!

Cherith Baker says

Glad you posted this. I brought home a rolled canvas from Haiti this summer but didn’t know how to tackle stretching it but I think I can do it. Off to Hobby Lobby!

My buddy and I had an argument about a topic like this! Now
    I find that I was appropriate. lol! You decide, as the music that I’ll be back: D

Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine
    Optimization? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m
    not seeing very good gains. If you know of any please share.
    Thanks!

And only when you help them will you start to realize the
    true sales potential of your website. Article Source: Surveillance Systems Guides, Smart Home Security Systems.
    So before you decide whether you definitely want to spend a little time and understand what you have and the
    value that it holds. This means that you can now unlock your i –
    Phone 3G and i – Phone 3GS using the current version of ultrasn0w (for 04.

You can also acquire the Amphibx swimming with you if that is your fashion, and
    don’t fear about sweat as it can effortlessly manage that with no your
    cellular cell phone acquiring ruined. Article Source: Surveillance Systems Guides, Smart Home Security Systems.
    You can get help on how to transfer music from iphone to computer, as well as transfer music from ipod to computer.
    Another innovative feature that people have thought about is instituting an RFID on
    the phone which would allow it to act like a car key or even a credit card.

Hello! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a
    captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog
    platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

I don’t know if it’s just me or if everybody else encountering problems with your site.
    It appears as though some of the written text in your content are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let
    me know if this is happening to them too?
    This could be a problem with my internet browser because I’ve had this
    happen before. Thank you

Thanks for any other informative web site. The
    place else could I am getting that type of info written in such an ideal approach?

I have a venture that I’m just now running on, and I’ve been on the look out for such info.

A reliable service professional will work hard to diagnose any problems and repair and replace old pipes and delivery systems to
    helps make fresh water available. The pool deck is a vital component of the
    pool so it is essential that is kept in proper working order.
    An emergency plumber is called largely by residential area.