WFMW: 3 Things Stitch Fix has Taught Me About Fashion

wfmw-300x198

I’ve written before about Stitch Fix, the personal styling company that delivers cute clothes right to your door. I’m still a big fan and I think it’s taught me a few things:

1. I don’t have to match

Gasp. I know. A few years ago, I wouldn’t have been caught dead adding a turquoise sweater over a black and white polka dotted top. I’ve always worn very conservative clothes and mostly solid colors, with black being my favorite. I think one of the best things about Stitch Fix is it gives me courage to wear things together I wouldn’t have dared on my own. The other day I put a blue shirt and a black and white maxi skirt from Stitch Fix. It’s scandalous, I tell you.

photo copy 3

2. I have my own style

On a recent retreat, I mostly wore mixed and matched Stitch Fix pieces with things I already had. Several times, friends said, “I really like your style.” Something I’ve never really heard before in response to my clothing choices. Stitch Fix (with their fantastic style guide) has taught me to be stylish and I love that.

photo

3. I need to accessorize

I’m seriously a simple girl. I wear a watch and a wedding ring and I’ve had the same earrings on since college. What? They still fit. But I’ve learned that a bold statement necklaces (non-matchy matchy, a bonus) adds so much to an outfit. I’m wearing a new necklace from my favorite fair trade shop. Accessories really can make the outfit and even better, change what you already own into something a little different.

photo

Stitch Fix still works for me! [My referral link is included]

Comments

You look sooo cute! Definitely a great style…I feel like I’m starting to come into my own style, too :) I can’t wait to try out stitch fix :)

Thank you for hosting the link up. There’s always tons of great links. And thanks for the review of Stitch Fix. I’ve been toying with the idea of a subscription and it’s nice to see someone else’s experience. My wardrobe could use a little shaking up!

Love your style! SF looks like a fun way to try new things. I discovered several years back that I’m a cardigan, top, and jeans girl. I love black as well but add in color here and there. I should accessorize more though.

celina boulanger says

sooo sad….only up to size 14 offered…..I was sooo looking forward to it. I was FINALLY ready to pull the trigger…oh well mom jeans and sweats for another while. I loved all the outfits shown on you…

Jennifer Cousins says

I recently started using Stitch Fix. I love the plaid shirt in the picture you posted above! Would you mind emailing me the brand? I would like to see if I can get something similar to it in my next fix. :o) Thank you!

¥·¥ã¥Í¥ë ¥Ð¥Ã¥°¤Ë¤Ï¥È©`¥È¤ä¥·¥ç¥ë¥À©`¡¢ÐÂ×÷¥Ð¥Ã¥°¤ä¥Á¥§©`¥ó¡¢¥Þ¥È¥é¥Ã¥»¤ä¥Ü¥¹¥È¥ó¤Ê¤É¤¬¤¢¤ê¤Þ¤¹¡£¤Þ¤¿¡¢¥¹¥Ý©`¥Ä¤ä¥Ô¥ó¥¯¡¢¥Ù©`¥¸¥å¤ä¥Ç¥Ë¥à¤Ê¤É¤¬¤¢¤ê¤Þ¤¹¡£ ¤½¤·¤Æ¥«¥ó¥Ü¥ó¤ä¥¦¥¨¥¹¥È¤ä¥¹¥Ý©`¥Ä¥é¥¤¥ó¤Ê¤É¤¬¤¢¤ê¡¢¥Ñ©`¥Æ¥£©`¤ä¥«¥á¥ê¥¢¤ä¥Þ¥¶©`¥º¤Ê¤É¤âÈ˚ݤǤ¹¡£Ëû¤Ë¤Ï¡¢¥¨¥Ê¥á¥ë¤ä¥­¥ë¥Æ¥£¥ó¥°¡¢°×¤äü\¤Ê¤É¤¬È˚ݤ¬¤¢¤ê¤Þ¤¹¡£
    ¥Ö¥é¥ó¥É¥³¥Ô©`Øœ‰Ó http://www.nemw.org/blog/6.html