A Love Letter to My Husband

My Dear Husband,

When I was a little girl, I played make believe.
I pretended to cook and clean and to be a Momma to my baby dolls. (I did not role play walking around WalMart with a screaming toddler, because there are some things that you must experience to truly appreciate).
But in my naive mind, I imagined a man, a husband.  He was brave and strong and very handsome.  And he loved me.
It was a dream.
And some might call this a silly fairy tale or the immature longings of a girl who loved romance.
But I call it my life.
Because you are the man of my dreams.
You are the first to hold me when I am afraid.
You are my encourager when I doubt myself.
You are the one who made me a Mother.
You are also the one who still leaves his clothes on the floor.  (Just keeping it real).
I am not a little girl anymore. I am a woman and you are a man.
But I can’t help but think of the things I didn’t dream about….
I didn’t dream that I would hear my husband praying over me as I dozed off to sleep.
I didn’t dream that my husband would buy journals for each of his children and write letters to them. Because he longed to leave them a legacy.
I didn’t dream that my husband would face his own personal battle and show me what a victor looks like.
I didn’t dream that my man would be a Chick-Fil-A fairy, delivering sweet tea in my moments of need.
Today you turn 38 years old.  And more than anything, I want you to know that I love you more than I ever dreamed.
You are a man among men. You stand out as you lead our family. You are my heart, my life, my best friend, my soul mate.
And the best back scratcher this side of the Mississippi.
You are unique and beautiful.
And you are mine.
Happy Birthday, husband. I cried when you told me you wanted Russian language lessons for your birthday.
That request alone, makes you a hero in my world. I am so proud of you.
Thank you for making my dreams come true.
P.S. Do you like my new shirt?
Oh, and I got you one, of course!
(t-shirts are from from me tees)
Food for the Soul:
“May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”- 2 Corinthians 13:14

Comments

One of the things I like most about your blog is the love you and your husband have for each other. So often you read women tearing down their men. This always saddens my heart. I appreciate the godly role model you provide in this dark world. I too am blessed with an amazing man and I enjoy reading your entries which serve to build up and bless your man rather than focus on his negative qualities. Happy birthday to THAT husband!

I’m a lurker from Arkansas. I’ve been reading your post for a few weeks and just love them. This one was particularly sweet!! I love your writing.

Happy Birthday to your hubby.

Except for the fact that I did not meet my husband until after I had my children, that is exactly the way I feel about him. He is my heart. I am like a previous commenter, and get really tired of people talking bad about their spouse, whether or not it is their wife or their husband. That person is the one you chose to spend your life with–try to remember why, and talk about the good things. Good begets good, and vice versa.

That was beautiful! My hubby’s birthday was Sat. I didn’t send him such a beautiful letter.. he wont’ be reading this blog today LOL.
    Love the shirts.. can you tell us where you got them?
    Happy Birthday Kristens Hubby!

Your husband sounds wonderful! Hope he has a very blessed birthday!

I just showed my husband these t-shirts last week. I will be having one myself!

This is making me cry. I don’t know why I’m so emotional lately.

This is the most beautiful letter I’ve ever read. You are one lucky woman, but I must say, he is even luckier.

What sweet words to celebrate the man you love.
    God bless him as he loves and leads your precious family.
    Thank you God for husbands who love and serve you with their whole hearts!

YOU ARE BLESSED!

Happy Birthday, dude!

Ditto what lifeatthecircus said! I appreciate reading about all the wonderful things your hubby does for you because I, too, am blessed to have a husband who cherises me and willingly lays down his life for me each day. It’s so refreshing to hear a woman praise her husband for who he is instead of complaining about what he is not. Hope his 38th birthday is the best one yet!!!

That was beautiful! Happy birthday to your hubby!

Kristy

P.S. Love the shirts! I bought myself and my husband one over the summer. He wears his on casual Friday :).

10. samira says

oll of them are great ,wonderfull
    i love you my husband ,you know that you are oll of my thing in my life when you came my life ,oll of thaings were changed ,you completed my life
    happy birthday baby
    i love you

loved this letter:) delightful!

each year at relevant (sounds like a long time at their 2 yr. history!:) i’ve been wanting to meet you. each year i come home w/o getting the opportunity. i’m not sure i even saw you last year, but this year you were BUSY! so the short chances i had to visit, you were busy with people. someday:)

12. jhesa says

Very nice and touching letter..as for me i have a 1 son but i never felt that thing to my x husband…he is a selfish and bratt boy..that’s why i know God will give me the best husband soon…God bless…