- It’s the time of the year where if I don’t write it down, it doesn’t get done. Anyone else? I, mean, like yesterday, I actually wrote down on my To Do List, turn laundry over for the load that I’ve restarted in my washer twice since Sunday because I literally cannot.remember.
- Two of my kids were in a local community production of Frozen Jr. and my husband and I helped with sets for weeks and I ran the box office. It was so fun and I’m super proud of my kids but they are tired of my Let it Go jokes.
- I did decorate my mantle yesterday for Christmas. I figured it I try to tackle one small area at a time, I’ll be done by New Year’s. I’m so excited to add these to my tree this year.
- I’m hosting my first Thanksgiving Dinner (ever) this year. I should probably write out a menu and be panicking about this. All I know is that I’m using my cute wooden fair trade items from the webcast box. So, yeah, food is up in the air but it will look cute.
- Oh, we have less than 80 webcast boxes left and I’m super happy about that. You should totally get one.
- I finally finished binge-watching Downtown Abbey. Tell me what I should watch next?!
- Earlier this month, I flew to NYC with my son for a little Broadway action. It was the sweetest three days. This weekend, he’s visiting the college he’s attending next year. I really need to cry about this.
- Dec. 16 is the last day to order all this Christmas goodness.
- This fall (heck, year) has been chaos and madness and a whole lot of goodness at Mercy House Global. I’m so tired and weary in a way that sleep won’t fix and I’ve got Dec. 12 circled on my calendar because it’s the very last thing of the year that I have to do…so, I’m of course, crawling to it. My family is planning for some sweet time together and I can’t wait.
- I plan to take a big fat break from my blog, podcast, writing and work break so you’ve been warned.
- When I return, it will most likely be to talk about my new book. Yikes!
We walked down a red dirt road, dodging a thin, hungry-looking dog and a wayward goat eating from a pile of rotten food. We stepped over trash in our path as we passed row after row of small shacks. A couple of little kids dressed in rags played in the dirt with makeshift toys of rocks and sticks, as we walked by. We were surrounded by poverty so thick it overwhelmed every sense. I could hear hungry babies wailing in the distance and no matter which way the wind blew I rcouldn’t escape the smell ... Read More
I heard the tears the minute I picked up the phone, "Mom?" I empathized. I encouraged. I listened. I cried. I rallied. I prayed. I was there. But do you know what I couldn't do? I couldn't take away the pain. Do you know who I couldn't be? The person my kid needed the most. I have walked with each of my children on different days, in different seasons, as they have faced the frustration and sadness that often comes with growing up--the lonely days, the misunderstandings, the ... Read More
Nothing has helped me understand my freedom more than meeting women around the world in bondage. In honor of the great price paid for our freedom, we are offering free shipping at Mercy House Global. Let freedom ring! shop now It’s also valid on our amazing Webcast Holiday Box today only! shop now ... Read More
This time last year, I was in Israel and I visited the cave where historians believe baby Jesus was born. There were cheap trinkets, silly souvenirs and paper posters of our Savior being sold near the holy site. It had become a place for some to make a buck. It reminded me a little of what we’ve done with Christmas. It’s hard to find Jesus in the middle of mall madness, in the center of the commercialism. We have to look for Him past the distractions. Christmas is an opportunity to ... Read More
If you can't watch the Home for the Holidays Webcast tomorrow, on Nov. 2, it's okay! It will be available to watchfor free until the end of the year. Sign up today to reserve your online viewing spot. The gorgeous featured webcast box will be added to the Mercy House store and will be available while supply lasts. It's only $119 (retail value is $191) and we are hoping/praying we sell out so don't wait. ... Read More
In this new podcast episode... Why do you think God has allowed you to be born in North America . . . and to be blessed with such material and spiritual abundance? In light of the superabundance you enjoy, what do you think is your minimal responsibility to the untold millions of lost and suffering in the world? I read these two questions in Revolution of World Mission by K. P. Yohannan, founder of Gospel for Asia, and they revolutionized my life. He urged every North American ... Read More
We created this unique event for you! It's not only a great way to learn about the fair trade movement that is changing lives around the world, it's a perfect opportunity to educate friends and families about it. But mostly, it's an opportunity to add purpose and joy to our lives by empowering others with our purchases. We created this event to fund our maternity homes in Kenya. Home for the Holidays is the Mercy House Global fundraiser of the year. Proceeds support our maternity centers in ... Read More